Monday, April 13, 2015

Paper craft project no. 348: Live life out loud one layer card


Happy Monday! It's time for a new Inspiration Project Post over at the STAMPlorations blog. There are plenty of gorgeous cards over there for your CASEing pleasure. CASE a card or two (or several), link up by May 5th, and you could win a $15 gift certificate or your choice of 2 ARTplorations stencils.

I managed to squeeze in a little stamping time a few hours ago and this happy flowery one layer card is the result :o) I smooshed Distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, and dried marigold) onto the daisy dance stencil, spritzed the inks with water, and then placed my card on it at an angle. Then I stamped the coordinating daisy stamp onto the card base. I placed the stencil again over the card and then stamped the newsprint grunge stamp in black ink on the open areas, stamped the grunge border, and then finally stamped the sentiment. And the card is done. I rather like the graphic look of this card :o)

Linking up my card to these fun challenges:
  


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

~Shery

17 comments:

  1. Another one-layer masterpiece! I love the black newsprint in between the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting repetitive here - fabulous AGAIN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! will try this stenciling technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, Shery - can't wait to try it out when my stencil and stamps arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Shery, you're inspiring me to pull out some of my artsy stamps and play!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! will try this stenciling technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this x a zillion! You've just really amped up my excitement to welcome this stencil into my stash! Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is spectacular. The flowers are so vibrant. The newspaper grunge is an unexpected touch. Love the bit of bling. Thanks for dropping by 613 Avenue Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love those flowers with the newsprint centres, thought at first they were sunflowers. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is eye-popping, striking and totally stunning Sherry.
    I'm thrilled you've linked up at AAA Cards. Thanks so much. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love the design, flowers and colors!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Love the bright cheery colours.
    Thanks for playing along at AGOAC this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never would have guessed that you used a stencil. Love the newsprint background too! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those flowers, so neat the way you used them, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  15. Puer amazement and BLISS of this sunny card ..I sit and gaze upon it!! SO SUNNY and bright!!! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards, we are very glad that you are sharing your creativity with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...