Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Paper craft project no. 474: Season's greetings


Hello! Sharing a card for the current challenge at Time Out. There is still a week left to play over there. It's a Christmas theme with the optional technique twist of using glitter and/or shimmer.

I went with just the theme and skipped the twist and created a one layer card. Using a calligraphy pen, I inked the large Christmas gift and stamped. With a wet brush, I went over the stamped image and allowed the ink to bleed. I stamped the sentiment (Joyful) and finished the card by adding splatters with Inktense pencils.

Check out the cards that the TO team + guest designer Valentyna made and then come play with us!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


9 comments:

  1. I really like the sketchy feel to this card, love how you let the ink bleed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Such a cool technique too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shery! I just love the look that you achieved with your technique of using the calligraphy pen. It's fantastic! Love all of those spatters as well. Also, a word of thanks for the stamps for the DT. Can't wait to play with them, and thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog and for choosing my Thankful For You card as a highlight for the November MMCC. I really appreciate it! Stephanie xx TO DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shery great card! I love the way to add color, such a creative, almost casually. Very inspiring.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever ! It's a really cool card, I love the sketchy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Shery. With the simplicity and watercolor, what make it stand out. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Shery ... the softness you added makes this stack of gifts seem all magical! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! Hey, can I wish for a large wonky cake? Maybe I should go look and see if you've already put one in the shop. I've missed these large beauts.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...